Today is my 28th birthday, so in honour of my 28 years of existence on this planet, I’d like to share 28 things that I have learnt.
I will not lie, I often question my existence because most of the time I fail to understand my purpose for being here. Like why was I born? I have yet to figure that out. Nonetheless here are
28 Things I’ve Learnt in 28 Years:
- Life goes on; with or without you
- Nothing is permanent
- Most adults still don’t know what the fuck is going on
- Love comes and goes
- Sometimes the best thing to do I let go
- Learn to love yourself
- You don’t need a bunch of friends, a few good and meaningful friendships are enough
- Follow your gut instinct because you do know what’s best for yourself
- Admit when you need professional help, it’s okay
- There are far too many people in the world who don’t love themselves
- The importance of learning
- It’s never to late to fix a mistake or make things right
- To learn from mistakes and not dwell on them
- Parents are ordinary people just like me and they aren’t perfect
- To celebrate even the minor accomplishments
- To look for something to smile about every day especially on the harder days
- It’s alright to cry
- Not to be afraid to try something new
- To walk away from unhealthy situations whether it be social or jobs
- The importance of choosing who you spend your time with wisely
- Knowing when to say no and how important it is
- How to stand my ground
- To demand respect because I deserve it
- When people hurt you, it’s a reflection of them and not you
- To acknowledge my feelings, even the negative ones
- The importance of taking a “time out” and switching off
- So called “happy pills” don’t actually make you happy, they just sort of level things out
- Not to listen to people who speak from a place of fear or people that tell me I can’t do something because they are afraid to pursue their own dreams
So there you have it, 28 random things I’ve learnt in 28 years. Even though it may not always feel like it, growing older is a blessing and we should appreciate all the time we have been given and not take it for granted.
It is never too late to be who we should be or do what we have always wanted to do.
I never thought I would find something I am good at that brings me nothing but pure joy yet here I am blogging and loving it. I have met so many great people through blogging.
Here’s to another good year of growth and self-discovery!
May life only get better from here on out and may my blogging journey take me to new heights.
Thank you to all of you that have helped me to get to where I am today, your efforts are truly appreciated.