This isn’t my first time participating in Blogtober but I’m more prepared than last year, so I hope to outdo myself.
This time around, I had blog posts on my blog scheduled all the way up to September by the end of July so I had ample time to come up with Blogtober content and get an early start.
By the time I wrote this very post, I had 3 Blogtober posts done and dusted with a couple waiting to be completed sitting in my drafts.
I had a pretty good start!
What Is Blogtober?
To those who are unfamiliar with this term, Blogtober happens every year in October over Halloween and we bloggers publish new posts daily for the entire month. Basically, it’s just a fun challenge for bloggers to come up with and publish fresh content on their blogs for 31 days in a row (which is what I’ll be doing).
I’ve probably mentioned this before, I don’t celebrate Halloween. I love the blogging aspect of it so I take part in Blogtober because it’s a great blogging challenge. I mean, any excuse to write more content – I’ll take it!
This time last year, I was in East London starting my end year exams. This year, I wrote these Blogtober posts in August from Cape Town in between job hunting. How things have changed…
Why You Should Take Part in Blogtober
A few reasons why you, as a blogger should be taking part in Blogtober:
- it’s fun
- it’s a great way to challenge yourself
- to boost blog traffic – some of the readers may decide to stick around and become subscribers
- Blogtober is an awesome way for bloggers to network and gain blogger friends (as Rigel Celeste says in her article)
- to gain some exposure for your blog
Some Upcoming Blog Posts
Here’s a short list of some of what you can expect…
- “Creative Corner – Pastor Natalie, 3 October
- “Why You Have to Support Local Brands & Brands to Check Out, 4 October
- “My Blogging Resources – What I Use to Help Run My Blog”, 10 October
There’s lots more in store so keep coming back to visit my blog to see what’s up!
I hope you’ll stick around and see what else I have in store from you.
I plan on delivering the same fresh content you’re used to seeing on the blog.
Don’t forget to subscribe for updates!