Exam season is the most important part of your academic year. It’s the time where you apply everything you’ve learned throughout the semester and obtain those distinctions. Sometimes it can get overwhelming and stressful but you need to push through anyway.
There are dozens of things written about “what to do during exam season” and today I’m going to tell you what not to do.
These are pretty obvious things but I am going to go ahead and tell you anyway, so here it goes…
8 Things Not To Do During Exam Season:
- Do not stay up all night cramming at the last minute the night before an exam, you need to get enough sleep
- Don’t waste time on social media
- Don’t neglect your health. Make sure you get some exercise, eat healthy and sleep enough
- Don’t allow distractions to get the best of you
- Do not drink too much or party, there will be plenty of time to do all that once you’ve passed your exams
- Don’t drink too many energy drinks because they aren’t good for you, rather drink water to keep you hydrated and alert
- Do not procrastinate, you know what they say, “procrastination is the thief of time.” I won’t lie I have fallen into this trap and ended up having to cover many chapters in a very short space of time which resulted in me putting unnecessary pressure on myself
- Don’t stress. Keep calm and find ways to de-stress when you start to feel stressed out.If you’re starting to feel overwhelmed then it’s time to take a break and do something that you love to get your mind right again. Go out for ice-cream, visit your friends for a bit or simply just go for a walk
If you’re guilty of partaking in any of the above then it’s time to make a change. You think better when you’re cool, calm and collected. Trust me!
I know exams can be stressful but there are things you can do in order to keep the stress and anxiety at bay.
For more tips click here.